Saturday, March 8, 2014

Welcoming a Little Sunshine




Growing up in Southern California,  I had no need to complain about the lack of sunshine. Maybe this is why I think large windows and natural light are a must. It wasn't until we got a few days of sunshine and 50 degree weather that I realized the nourishment the sun provides. I even braved the motherly comments of the babushkas when I took Josiah's cap off so he could get some vitamin D on his noggin.

Once the snow melted, the unshoveled walkways revealed themselves, and with the return of some sunshine, a shedding of winter seemed to peel itself from my mood. I didn't realize how much the lack of sunshine had affected me. I am rejuvenated, even though I struggle to keep up being 31 weeks pregnant.

The Moldovans put me to shame. They have their little ones bundled and out in the fresh air, no matter what the temperature or how deep the snow. I'm going to blame my lack of winter exercise on my Southern California upbringing.

But Spring is upon us and our trips to the park have returned and Josiah is trying to make up for the lack of exercise he has missed these past months.







No comments:

Post a Comment