Thursday, May 22, 2014

Rice Porridge

With the visit of my sister in law and her fiancé, I thought I would share with them some Moldovan foods. This morning we had a breakfast dish called rice porridge. It is a dish that varies depending where you are in the world, even served as a dessert. So, I thought I would share this basic version found in Moldova with you as well.





Rice Porridge
1/2 c. rice
3 1/2 c. milk
4 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. vanilla sugar
optional: raisins, salt

Step 1: Melt butter and add in rice.
Step 2: Stir in milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Turn off heat and stir in vanilla sugar and raisins. Let porridge set for 5 minutes.

PS- Don't forget your bread with lots a delicious butter atop!








2 comments:

  1. This is Rice Pudding in the US

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like more butter, no eggs, less sugar than US version. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm interested in tasting the difference!

    ReplyDelete